Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Seeing the sights.

After landing in AZ, the little ones and I were greeted by my awesome Godparents. After some bittersweet hugs and hellos, and maybe a tear or two, we gathered our stuff from the baggage claim and headed to our new home for the next 16 days. Our first night, we got to meet Audrey, Tucker, Sean, Emily, Abby, Jake and Elvis. The first three are 2 year old triplets, Emily is 4 months, and the last three are the newest dog members of the family! After watching the triplets grow from a distance, it was so exciting to meet them and see how my son would interact with them. It was fabulous! A little confusing at times, calling for the dog Jake and the human Jake, but my Jake adapted quick. We set up some plans for the week, and headed to bed.

Day one-IKEA
I have never been to an IKEA store, and was really excited(yeah I'm odd) when I heard there was one out here. We packed up all 6 children, and headed to check it out. This store was HUGE. I could not get over how large, and bright blue and yellow it was. It's even better than Wal-Mart, they sell everything there. I'm sort of happy there isn't and IKEA in NY because my house would be IKEAized. After we got home, I checked out the website, and you can't purchase most of their stuff online. Total bummer, because they have a dining room table I would kill to have.

Day two-Arizona Museum for Youth
We were excited to visit this childrens museum with the 6 little ones, but mostly because we were able to get myself and 4 kids in free with my Strong Museum membership. All we had to pay for was the two extra adults. Total score. The museum was sort of lame though! Half of it was under construction for the new exhibit coming in 2 weeks. They did have a decent area to build blocks and do pretend play, but there wasn't too much variety for the little ones.

Day three-Phoenix Zoo
One of the best zoos I have ever been to. They have giraffes and zebras and lions and tigers. Oh man, it was great. 6 kids a double stroller a quad stroller 3 adults and a brown bag lunch for all. It should be a good day. We got to pet sting rays at Sting Ray Bay, once it splashed Jake, he was over it. We went to feed Madelyn, while everyone else continued to pet them. We missed the zebras (my favorite) but got to see the giraffes running which was pretty cool. We ate lunch at a park area, and visited the petting zoo. The kids had a blast, and it was a beautiful day, so we spent 5+ hours at the zoo!!

Day four-White Tanks
We went to the desert today!! Maddie stayed at home with Carol. We went to see the bike races. My Godfather is an avid bike racer, and we went to cheer his teammates on. Jacob received a desert tour by the most wonderful tour guides, Pete and Amy. He was shown different types of cactus and plants. He climbed half way up the mountain and Pete and Jake had several foot races back to camp. We cheered on the racers, and Jake tried to dig a boulder out of the ground. It was a beautiful day to stay outside and just relax.

Day five-Park
Jake, Madelyn, Pete and I walked to the park. Jake has a hard time with kids he doesn't know. He does a parallel play, and will try to say hello, which we encourage, but most of the times the others are rude and won't say hello back. He is so sweet and will say hello several times, and then he walks back to us with his head hanging low and says something like he wont say hello to me. Its sad, kids are so cruel these days. Sissy passed out in the warmth of the sun.

We have had a blast so far, and I am really sad that the time is flying by so quick. If it weren't for my hubby back home, I would definitely love to stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment