Saturday, February 11, 2012

Zebras PJs and Ghosts!

Day 11-World Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium
My awesome god parents, Carol and Pete



Aren't they beautiful?

Jake loved that they licked his hand and that he could feed them.










This zoo was pretty amazing. We got to feed the birds apples and the giraffes pellets and and let them lick our hands. We got super close to the Zebras, Rhino and Kangaroos. I wasn't thrilled with the lack of employees, there were an awful lot of people who were feeding the animals whatever they were eating, crackers and cupcakes? Seriously? There were people teasing the baby Lions, and when I explained to Jacob it wasn't nice to tease the animals, somebody said they are cats and like to play. I don't think that its considered playing, with a caged animal, it was teasing. None the less, we had a blast. Our dinner was served next to an albino alligator. I learned that the only adult albino gators are in zoos, because they can't survive in the wild! Jake had fun, hes definitely an animal lover, and Maddie enjoyed the ride.

Day 12-Lounging in our pjs ALL day long





It was a Sunday. A day to relax. Jake wanted to play with all of his cool new toys, and didn't want to get dressed in the process. So he didn't, neither did Maddie. We practiced sitting up a bit, and Lucy hung out to watch us do penguin play! It was a nice relaxing day for all.

Day 13- Mike and Sarahs house
I didn't bring my camera, shame on me, we hung out with the triplets all day, I rearranged their furniture, while Mike took a nap!! Yikes!! He woke up, and liked it!! Woo hoo. I love rearranging rooms, I did my god mothers living room, and she hated it!! I loved it, it had every seat enjoying the fireplace, which she wanted, but she called it a cluster f*ck and said it was to closed in. Shes crazy!( I can say that now because I'm in NY) By the way, who needs a fireplace in Arizona? Crazy right?!?!

Day 14- Goldfield Ghost Town and Ghost Mine?

At Sonic, waiting for the unexperienced roller skater to bring us our food. 









Jacob was bigger than Superstition Mountain

We had a blast at the Goldfield Ghost town and mine. Jacob got to go down in the mine, and learned all about the miners. We had our pictures taken, so we look like old cowboys at a saloon, and we rode a train, and gave us a tour, and history of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment